More than 99 percent of surveyed users said they benefited from information provided by an advanced transportation management system and traveler information system serving northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
Cincinnati,Ohio,United States; Kenton County,Kentucky,United States
In February and March of 1999, a user survey was conducted to measure customer satisfaction:
- Users rated the service very high in accuracy and ease of use.
- More than 99 percent of those surveyed said they benefited by: avoiding traffic problems, saving time, reducing frustration, and arriving at destinations on time.
- Sixty-five (65) percent of users said they would be willing to pay for the service which was free at the time of the survey.
- Eighty-one (81) percent said they had recommended the service to someone else.
- The most common suggestion for improvement was to expand the service coverage area.
Evaluation of the Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management and Information System (ARTIMIS)
ARTIMIS Telephone Travel Information Service: Current Use Patterns and User Satisfaction
Author: Clemons, J., et al.
Published By: Kentucky Transportation Center, University of Kentucky
Source Date: June 1999
Average User Rating
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Arterial Management > Surveillance > Traffic
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Freeway Management > Surveillance > Traffic
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Traveler Information > En Route Information > Other Telephone
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Traveler Information > Pre-Trip Information > Other Telephone
Typical Deployment Locations
CCTV, closed circuit television cameras, road monitoring, sensors, vehicle detector, traffic detection, traffic monitoring, congestion monitoring